Thursday, August 23, 2018

Manifest Like It's Your Job

I saw that quote on Instagram earlier this week. It is one of those profound things so simply put, yet the full implications had never hit you before. Well, yeah. Why aren't I putting more energy into what I want? 

Every morning I go to the studio, rain or shine, even if I'm rushed and know I can't stay long. I go in, I ground and center. I look at what I've done, remembering what has changed. I think about what I want to make. I visualize red dragons running around my work table. They breathe fire and suddenly I see finished projects. I spend some time thinking about what I need. I ask the dragons to help me.

What's been happening is I get what I need when I am not looking for it. Yesterday I found very shiny tape which I think will work for making kaleidoscopes. I also found mirrors priced much less than I had been buying. And I found lots of supplies for future projects.

I've also been reminded of things I promised myself I would do. These things make life easier. Everything is going very well.

It wouldn't go as well if I didn't keep at it. Everyone says to focus on goals, but no one ever gives practical advice on how to do it. I think every day you must do something that pertains to the goal. It does no good to say you want something then never do anything about it. Some days you won't be able to do much. But if you try every day you'll come much closer. Goals must be caught. They do not come to you.

No comments: