Wednesday, August 15, 2018

A Few Updates

Each day I photograph whatever sewing I have done so that my Fiber Friday post goes smoothly. Most of the time I'm not sure what day it is or if I got anything done.

I've already written my Magick Monday post. I have ideas for a few more, but I don't want to schedule too many posts because sometimes things happen and I really want to share my experience.

I'm getting interesting readings from my cards, though I don't immediately see how they play out. Usually I read, consider the meaning, try to plan around that, and maybe a day or 2 later clarity snaps into place. I think I need a post about reading in general.

Found an intriguing book about palm reading...and your astrology chart is clearly mapped on your hands. I always thought the meaning of the lines seemed random and I never could remember what all of it meant. Learning the astrology aspect not only seems to clearly define traits, but it is also checkable rather than trusting the feedback of a person who probably doesn't want to admit faults. My other problem with palm reading is that there would be some variance in my lines and I wouldn't be able to find any mention of it in the guide book. Wanting to learn more.

Sticking to new things isn't going well. I'm doing very well with doing Magick on a daily basis. Things have been quiet on the drama front. Of course the real test will be tonight when we celebrate my daughter's birthday. I'm trying to work with my chakras. I have lots of information. I'm trying to apply it. I'm trying to note which areas may be blocked. I'm trying to activate my chakras as I create art. It's not hard, the trick is first remembering to do it and second to realize what stage I'm in. Some stages zip by and others linger for days. Not sure if there's something wrong with me or if my process isn't working for the kind of art that I do.

Home schooling has been a struggle. First the school rejected a document, then they didn't provide the right link, then my scanner decided not to scan. I fought the computer for days. This morning I took a picture of the paperwork and submitted that. I haven't heard an answer yet. One of my sons took an assessment test with my tablet. He said it was fun, so I feel hopeful that he will do well learning this way. Of course, I have no idea yet if he passed the test. It would be nice if we could just do school for a few hours a day instead of all day. We'll see.

I managed to get some sewing done while my stepson took the test, so maybe I can be an artist while providing my children with an education.

And! My other son already has his class schedule. With art class! Our public school doesn't even offer art.

My dog Sophie died. We buried her in the yard where we have unintentionally created a pet cemetery. I think 5 dogs are buried there now.

No comments: