Friday, August 17, 2018

Fiber Friday

Sunday
I finished the first wolf. Unlike my foxes, the wolves will be kept separate. Meaning I have to back this, so not done. But I am happy the wolf is complete. I was starting to think the project was hopeless.
I completed another side of my cube.
And I made a good start to the back of the wolf.

Monday
I finished embroidering the John Muir quote!
And I made rocks to go around the truck. At this point I decided I was done with details. Next time I work on this quilt I will be creating the rocks at the property line.

Tuesday
Progress on the wolf back, plus I stitched a few more stars. That project should have been done a long time ago and I don't understand why it is stalling.

I also tried my hand at painting. After making this lovely spiral, I could not reproduce it. Well, I could but it would have required more poster board. Really this needs canvas because the wet paint warps the poster board in a hurry. I was just experimenting. I learned a lot, mainly that patience, which is so not my virtue, is key.

Wednesday
I did a bit of sewing but not much because we celebrated my daughter's and Z's birthdays (August 14 and 16, so joint party on August 15). I spent the day cleaning, going back and forth to stores, and cooking. When it was over and extra family members left my house, I took my ball of raw nerves self to bed with a cold beer because sadly I am out of bourbon. I seriously hate birthday parties due to the unnecessary stress they cause. I've tried several times to do experiences not stuff. I've tried taking my children to zoos and state parks. My in-laws think this is a terrible idea so they buy a lot of junk to make up for me refusing to properly celebrate. The next day most of the shinny whatever is broken and someone is still mad about what was said, intentionally or not.

Thursday
I had an idea to make and sell patches. I've thought about this before, I'm just not sure how well they would sell. Maybe I should focus on buttons and pins instead. I spent most of the morning trying to decide if it was something I wanted to do. I also considered dolls. I mean doll as soft sculpture, not toys. While trying to figure all this out I remembered that I intended to make boxes, clocks, and lamps but never did. I wonder if I should even be considering anything new.
I did a lot of gardening and not much sewing.

Friday
And now we are to Friday, so first I'll do the link.
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com
I really don't know what to work on. I do plan to actually be in the studio today. I will be cleaning and organizing paint, but still, in the studio! I have a show today. It's online but that has worked well for me in the past. I have lots of projects, but none are holding my attention. My town is hosting a Labor Day celebration and I have been toying with the idea of holding an open studio sale that weekend as lots of people will be driving past my house. But that means I have to be home all weekend, I need to start working on the yard now, and strangers would be at my house. :shudder: I may just talk to my neighbor about having a crafts fair during the celebration. It's too late for this year, but we could make it work next year.
I keep trying to think of ways to promote my art without being annoying. I say that because my sister-in-law is a writer. At every family gathering she talks about her books. Actually, she dominates every conversation until we are forced to hear all the updates on her characters. I understand the importance of constant promotion but I don't want to be the person who never gets invited anywhere. Actually, we don't invite her. She just shows up. No, don't want to be that person. I think I'll just keep on like I am. Because while we all know what she's writing none of us are buying her books.

No comments: