Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Tuesday Updates

A lot, and I do mean a lot of strange shit, has been happening lately. I don't think I will get it all listed. Definitely not going in chronological order because most of these overlap. I'm writing this to get everything out so I can feel better.

Oldest son got arrested Saturday. We told several people about the warrant. Someone saw him at a gas station, flagged down a deputy, and the deputy followed Oldest son. He pulled him over for an expired tag. Oldest son also had no insurance. He tampered with the VIN on his truck. He ripped out the old VIN and put a different one from another car in its place. He used screws to hold it in place, thus making it totally obvious. It is a federal offense to change vehicle identification. As he sits in the county jail other charges will come up. He has 2 arrest warrants, the one I signed about the trailer he stole, and his parole officer signed the other because he stopped checking in each week. During the first 12 hours in jail, Oldest Son called every one in this family and none of us would answer the phone.

I still have not seen another car next door. I don't know if they were able to get the car home or not. Last week my husband made a vague Facebook post about he was just their mechanic. I've asked several times what happened. Each time he brings up the past, not anything recent. I am not sure if something new happened or if he got fed up with his family's inconsiderate behavior.

My Titan overheated again yesterday. My Hardbody is still in the shop. Driving is still iffy. No one cares.

My younger stepson's behavior has gotten much worse. We decided not to engage. If he does something wrong we tell him to stand on the wall. We do not yell, we do not question motive. We decided a lot of what he does is for attention. We are hoping if he doesn't get a reaction that he will stop doing these things. Sometimes he misbehaves as soon as we let him off the wall. Sometimes he stands on the wall and smirks because he broke something but didn't get a spanking. Sometimes after being on the wall he will be clingy. I don't know if this is working or not. All I know is it isn't worth the entire household being stressed because he is acting out. The youngest son came in our bedroom at 4am to tell us his brother was out of bed, so maybe some good comes from this.

I have been selling more of my art lately. More opportunities to sell are coming up. Some of these aren't really great, they are basically scams requiring money from me but with little return. However, I do feel better about seeing more opportunities because I have a greater chance of finding something that works for me. And I am selling. June was a good month. A lot of work went into it. At times I was overwhelmed. Some things that I tried didn't work at all. But I learned a lot and feel encouraged to push on.

No comments: