Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Cubes

I made another cube. They have names, and I am making them to express the things I cannot say. Well, I could say those things, but too many people would take offense; then there would be drama.

The first cube I made is the multicolored, quilt block patterned one to the back. It's called "Proud and Bitter" and there is a message inside where I wrote how I felt. I tried not to make my words too negative. I made the red cube yesterday. It is called "An Uncomfortable Truth." It doesn't have a written message. The meaning of the cube lies in how I created it- the stitches, the mirrors, and the marble I used for support.

I have ideas for more cubes. Later, I would like to make spheres. I've attempted temari balls, but it didn't come out well at all. Artistically, these are satisfying to make. I've made small cubes before, approximately one inch square. I thought larger cubes (2 1/2 inches) would be difficult to make, but they aren't. Maybe it's just because I already learned the mechanics by making the small cubes. The bigger cubes allow for more pattern. Maybe that is what makes them fun.

2 comments:

Ann Scott said...

I really like your cubes! I'm here after seeing your blog link on Off the Wall Friday.

FreeDragon said...

Thank you. I tried to link early Friday but the link up was missing. No one had posted anything. Which is why my post was late; the weekend was over before I thought about it again.