Friday, May 18, 2018

Fiber Friday

Every once in a while I get a simple idea that works really well, and then I am astounded that I didn't think of it sooner.
I suddenly realized I have plenty of storage space in my closet. These suitcases are empty. This is finished product ready to sell storage space. And! I have enough suitcases for each category. Thus, not only can I store everything, but I can label them and not have to unpack all my inventory plus easily set up at shows and fairs. If I take a personal trip I'll just use whatever suitcase has the least in it. This is not counting my husband's bag, and really, I can buy more and keep them separate. It works out all the way around.
My sons joined Boy Scouts. Now I am the Chief Patch Attacher.

I'm desperately trying to finish 2 quilts before their deadlines.

And I thought of more items I could make to sell, but between deadlines, patches, and ordinary life, I haven't gotten anywhere, thus the short post.

Linking up here:
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/2018/05/vacation-inspiration-off-wall-friday.html

3 comments:

Susan Lenz said...

Great post! Like you, I am constantly looking for new areas of my home/business for artwork storage. It is an on-going quest. I do have a suggestion about scout badges. Teach the boys how to sew their on badges onto their garments. There's likely a badge for that too! Thanks for commenting on my blog and good luck finishing up your other projects!
Susan

FreeDragon said...

You are exactly right, boys should be able to sew, too!

JOY said...

Suitcases are a great idea for storage and those are beautiful too! Wanted to drop by and say thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I hope I've inspired you to make a fidget quilt. You could probably get it done in a day. My finished results is scheduled to be posted Tuesday. Good luck getting your quilts finished in time.