Monday, April 30, 2018

Just Another Magick Monday

Today I am most excited about an item I repurposed.
My sister in law gave me this dragon wax melt burner. I think the boys probably picked it out. This was 2 Christmases ago when she wasn't being actively hateful. I thought it was cool, I love dragons, but I couldn't use it. The wax got way too hot. I'd light the candle and in about 3 minutes (just long enough for the wax to completely melt) I'd hear crackling and pops. Certain that the little glass dish was breaking, I'd blow out the candle. And nothing would be wrong. Some time would pass; I'd try again. The wax would smoke. There would be a loud pop. I'd give up. This resulted in the dragon sitting unused in the bathroom. As sister in law's attitude got worse, I didn't want to use this at all. I didn't want to look at it. Which is a shame because it is a nice dragon.
Yesterday, inspiration struck. I need a crystal ball stand. When I bought the ball, the stand was sold separately. It was copper butterflies which I wasn't crazy about. FYI to metaphysical shops, you would sell more crystal balls if you let customers mix and match stands. Just saying. Anyway, the dragon now has a more noble purpose. The ball fits nicely. I can scry without distractions. I think the candle holder will make a great place to put herbs, written intentions, or symbols. I can't believe I didn't think of this before.
I made a spot on the bookcase for my Magick sewing box. The crystal ball is inside. I like this arrangement much better because now I can use the box without moving it. The box is less likely to be moved meaning any spell or crystal grid will remain undisturbed.
My mom gave me this dressmaker's board because I love vintage sewing notions and equipment. I really don't have any use for this because I don't make clothes. It has been living behind the chest of drawers until I found a use for it. Recently I decided to make the hexagon dragon that I wanted to make for the guild show but couldn't because I couldn't find enough hexagons in time. I was going to put him on my studio wall. I suddenly realized if I put the dragon on this dressmaker's board I wouldn't have to worry about taking the dragon down when I paint the studio. I'm going to make the dragon a spell like I did with the family fox project. That should take care of several Magick Monday posts.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Clever way to re-purpose a nice dragon. And he should be guarding the ball not the candle. :o)
And I like your sewing box.