Friday, February 9, 2018

Fiber Friday

http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/#

I'm doing things a bit differently today. I posted a link to my Facebook page on Nina Marie's blog. I'm trying to get more followers on my page. I still don't have much to show sewing wise. I've been sick the past few days. I am getting tired of wallowing in self pity, though I have no idea what I should be doing exactly.

After posting the link to Facebook, I decided I didn't want to do it. I tried posting to a Pinterest board instead.
I thought you'd like this Board on Pinterest... https://pin.it/2zk5zgndgs7mi2
It didn't work. I couldn't make it link up. I had already deleted the link from Facebook so maybe it goes to nothing. Maybe I only deleted part of it. I don't know. Everything seems to be much harder to figure out. Or maybe I need to think things through more carefully.

Several times this week I have attempted to work. Nearly every time, I have discovered I was out of some needed supply. Or, when I finally got all the stuff, like brushes for applying stain, I couldn't work. It rained a lot this week. I really didn't have the brain power anyway. The sinus congestion blocked cognitive ability.

I did get an appointment with the psychiatrist for my son. But it is a month away because that is the earliest they had. This morning the youngest boy hurt my daughter. I don't think he meant to, but I know he did by how upset she was and by how he started crying when I asked what happened. He always cries when I catch him in a lie. He would not admit to what he did and I am very tired of trying to force confessions.


I think today I will just give fiber art advice: just make your art. If you mess up, do it again. If it seems too hard pick a really simple project that you've done a million times and can do with your eyes shut. Stitch until the world fades away. You don't need a goal. Don't tell yourself you are going to finish 3 quilt blocks or knit 5 rows. Sew. Open a stitch book and practice all the stitches. If that's too much then start folding fabric or reorganize your stash. Dust the sewing room and oil your machine or use thread spools as building blocks until you finally feel like yourself.

1 comment:

FreeDragon said...

I took my own advice. I got out of bed, got dressed, found some money, and bought two more pieces of canvas so I can make the last two foxes.