Monday, February 12, 2018

Monday the 12th

I said Friday that I took my own advice:
Over the weekend I completed youngest son's fox and am now filling in the background. It went together very well, very fast. I am not doing any Magick.

The boys were not here this weekend. They stayed next door for whatever religious day is after Mari Gras. (I have no idea what was special about Sunday, only that my in-laws went to church early to arrange flowers and dinner was served after the service.) I had reservations about the idea because the last time they spent the night I thought everything was good, but later I found out there were several behavior issues and no one bothered to tell me. However, the boys not being home is far less stressful.

In-laws swore to me multiple times that the boys were well behaved. But then they came home, wouldn't go to bed, and wandered around the house most of the night. Ergo, this morning I did a search for motion activated lights. Which would only solve part of the problem. I didn't sleep much last night. Every time I heard a noise I wondered if they were still awake. Every time I got up they were back in bed by the time I walked across the house.

I realized much of what is stressful about this situation is that I deal with it constantly. I haven't been able to do the things I enjoy. I stopped my daily practice because I either didn't have time or I couldn't think properly. Not doing spell work every day bothers me. I had finally settled into a practice that really worked for me. I was enjoying it. Then suddenly the Magick was gone, almost as if it never existed.

This won't do. I hate feeling so helpless and lost.

I did some gardening this weekend.
I had peppers planted in the tires. As the plants died I replaced them with herbs. I thought everything was lost save for my rosemary. I decided to put the tires in the chicken pen. Filling the tires with sand would allow my chickens to take dust baths. When I started cleaning out the first tire, I discovered my lemon balm had survived the snow.

Now I think it would be better to buy 2 more herbs. I remember how happy I was coming out to the garden every day to see my little plants growing. I had an epiphany- the garden is sacred space. I suddenly had a vision of my cauldron and very cold water  being dipped out. Then I thought of several cauldrons.

The ideas are still forming. The only thing I know for sure is I need to make war water.

War water is used for banishing, but it is also very protective. Of course, that's 2 sides of the same coin.

These are cauldrons my Granddaddy used in metalwork. They are stuck together. I set them at the edge of my porch. I had a little garden here before Will took over the area with his work table and lawn mower repairs. I will place this in my garden for war water. I have another cauldron I will use for healing water. I will blog about this after I have the cauldrons in place. I can visit them every day when I feed the chickens. The pen is beside the garden. Hopefully this project will help me straighten out my life.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

The fox is very pretty. Nice work.
I think you are on to something there with the water.....Wishing you peace and harmony.