Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Kitchen Witch Cleans House Part 1

I noticed a lot of hits of my 'Witchy Housekeeping' post. I decided it might be helpful to put theory to practice in case some of you wanted a more hands on type of thing. When I was a new Witch it really annoyed me when a book mentioned some herb but not which part of the herb- roots, leaves, flowers, or fruit. I won't leave you hanging, I promise.

But I will have to break my posts into sections because I have a time issue, namely, I don't have enough of it.

I will be going step by step of how I cleaned my living room window- and what magick I did. First, how the window currently looks:
I brought this dragon and Celtic knot panel thinking it was really cool. I turned it into a curtain. It has faded badly. It is handmade and some parts are not well drawn at all:
All the corners are some jumbled up mess. If you don't know how to make a Celtic knot twist around a corner, then square off the corners and place some other design there. Don't tangle the lines, you tangle the magick. I didn't notice all these lack of artistic skills when I purchased the dragon. I was just seeing the overall effect. He was sort of bunched up and I really should have spread everything out flat for a good look. I have decided this dragon has served his purpose and will be reincarnated into a quilt. I'm going to marry him off to some ugly fabric and together they will have lovely offspring. Step one is to take down the curtain and toss it into the washer.
A quick look at my curtain rod. This will be part of my spell later.

Step two is to find all the things lurking behind the curtain.
I don't know what this is. I thought at first it was a pile of dead ants. Ants have 'graveyards' where they dump their dead. This is done simply to get dead ants out of the way. Closer inspection revealed just dirt/dust, no ants. It is under the air conditioning unit, but I don't think it came from the ac. Piles of dirt impede the flow of positive energy. Any area of your home that you have forgotten or no longer pay attention to, represents an aspect of your life that you are neglecting. This is why it is important to clean- you allow good energies to enter your life. Step three is a mundane cleaning- wipe away the dirt and cobwebs, then wash the windows.
I did not clean the blinds because I am uncertain as to what I want to do. I don't like the blinds, but they belong to my landlord. The window needs some sort of covering so people driving by can't see Kurt walking around naked. In part 2, I'll reveal the magick, and tell you what I'm doing with that retro late '80's love seat.

No comments: