Friday, March 15, 2013

Randomness



My sugar is still screwed up. It didn't go above 100 yesterday, so I stayed out of work. I thought if I laid around and snacked on cookies I'd have high sugars today. Nope. Woke with a sugar of 54 and I'm eating chocolate candy and chocolate chip cookies for breakfast.

The 8 Point Garden has begun. Kurt cleared the ground for me yesterday. I lay in the sun making suggestions while he did all the work.

I have books coming. I don't read near as much as I used to and I fear my lack of reading is making me dumber.

My plants arrived yesterday- mint, stevia, lavender, and foxglove. Ah, Spring!

I am still sewing like I always do- a few stitches here and there with small bursts of progress ending (eventually) with a completed work which no one understands.

I've gotten hooked on Scandal. From the first episode. God bless Netflix.

The pilot light in the heater went out. Kurt cleaned the heater. The flame now glows the most beautiful shade of electric blue. As soon as it is warm, go clean your heater so it will be ready in the fall and you won't have to think about it.

The house is fairly clean. I was reading one of those Mommy blogs about organizing the home and she said sometimes you just have to let go and let the house be dirty.

I made Kurt cook dinner. It was so good, I think I'll make him do it more often.

The land is talking to me. Muttering, whispering, sighing as it wakes up. I'm noticing the birds most of all and they are too busy to talk.

I'm going back to bed. I'm cold.

No comments: