Monday, October 1, 2012

October First!!!!!

OMG- It's October! :Happy Dance!:
I had a recipe in my inbox for 'witches' brew.' Yeah, it's fall!

I've been feeling down, so over the weekend I decided to spend as much time in my garden as possible. I usually feel more at peace when I'm outside. Plus, there are some astrological powers coming together- not only is the full moon in Aries, but planets are shifting into life-changing positions. I'll get to more on this in a later post.

The full moon official begun on Sunday but I got geared up on Saturday. I believe in waiting for the right time, but I also understand that energies are not like flipping a switch. Elements gather, swirl, and grow. The full moon is a powerful time, but so are the 3 days before and after. Saturday was a great time to get started. And Sunday it started raining and is still raining as I type. If I had waited nothing would have begun.

Months ago, I cleared the irises of weeds. Then I sort of forgot so it was starting to be weedy again.
After weeding, fertilizing, watering, and mulched with the maple leaves that have started falling.
I decided the bottle tree needed an over-haul. I planted seeds, removed a broken bottle, re-organized the other bottles by color, and
I decided to repaint my stars. The circled star was hanging on the fence. I think the bottle tree needs more than one star.
After sanding off rust and painted with a base coat. The stars became gold. I don't have a picture yet but I promise they look very nice on the bottle tree.
The last improvement was to repaint bottles. After washing the purple, I decided it was just fine and hung it back on the tree. I then tried to repaint the other three red using a technique I saw on Pinterest. At first the looked great. I tried a second coat for richer color and since then, the paint will not stick. I'm adjusting the process and if I ever get it right, I'll tell you how to do it, but if not, these bottles are going in the trash.

Some other things I did but do not have photos of: I cleaned the porch, I arranged candles, I moved potted plants around, and I got fed up with the fence. I didn't think, I just went to hacking weeds. Tomorrow (if the rain stops) I'll have pictures and plans.

No comments: