Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Setting a Schedule

I'm done with the blue horse. All I have left is the yellow horse. This is going to be really pretty and I'm proud of the way it's turning out. That said, I can't believe I started something so complicated! You've heard the expression 'eyes bigger than stomach', I think my creative mind forgets the skill level of my hands.

Working on the horses made me realize I need a schedule. I think it will be in my best interest to build my day around my sewing. Instead of stitching whenever I feel like it. Today I decided most of my hours should spent in the sewing room and all that promptly went out the window because I had to renew my driver's license.

I got up when Kurt did so I could take him to work (this one automobile thing sucks dishwater). I dropped him off, came home, took the dogs out (utterly bewildered as to why BOTH mom and dad left this morning), and then made breakfast. It was cold. I got in bed to warm up. Of course I went back to sleep.

The second time I got up, I took the dogs out again, fed them, got dressed in nicer clothes, and headed to the courthouse. I renewed my license, got a decent picture (Tallapoosa people are nice. The lady took three photos and let me look at each one. In Lee County they just use the first picture and don't bother to tell you if your hair is sticking up) and I registered to vote. I have no idea who I want to vote for, but I can if I ever pick the lesser of two evils. Now I'm back home, it's almost 11am and I still haven't done any sewing. Not a single stitch. I suck at routines.



2 comments:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Routines for me always seem to work best when they are guidelines. Don't know why :)

FreeDragon said...

guidelines, hmmm, that sounds more do-able