Friday, August 17, 2012

Good Progress

The words are done! As usual, once I start working by pattern, I see how a few changes could be better. I left off the black birds, the dorky stars, and am now doing a completely different border. I got so much done because I had to work through some worry. My man went to work. He called me to say he would be late. Then the service ran out on his phone. Then he didn't come home. And still don't come home. He had the truck. I couldn't call. I couldn't drive. I thought of all kinds of things- deer, accidents, crazy drunks. To paraphrase Dorothy Parker, when I know he's either having an affair or dead in the street, I always hope he's dead. I don't really think he's having an affair. My mind just drags out all the possibilities and, let's face it, affair is more probable than killed by drunk driver then stampeded by a herd of wild deer on a dark and stormy night. It didn't rain last night so you see how my mind works.

No comments: