Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fall Garden!

What I decided to plant was based entirely on what seeds Home Depot had for sale.
My herbs will go in pots on the porch. For once, and this makes me a little nervous, I'm not going to drag plants into the house once winter hits. Every year, I lug pots in. Then the ants come out of the pots. Then the plants are stressed. They begin to die. I lug them back out on warm days. I forget them. Frost kills them. The survivors are lugged back in, where they die from a lack of sunlight. I'm not doing that this year. Everything stays outside. I found on Pinterest (of course!) how to make heat pads. I will cover my plants, try to provide heat, watch the weather channel, and hope for the best. It doesn't get that cold here. I keep reading about people gardening year round. If they can do it, I should be able to figure out something.
Every thing else is going into the ground. We have already cleared a spot. I realize sunflowers aren't a cool weather crop, but I like them. And damn it, I am still mad about Queen chewing up my seedlings. I want sunflowers!

Kurt is out of a job. He had a temp job and the assignment ended. He had an interview at Home Depot yesterday (which is why I got my seeds there), he's filling in for some injured dude tomorrow, and at some point, his part-time job is supposed to start. He's been home all week and I have. got. NOTHING. done. Nothing. He's in my way and I will be happy to send him off to work tomorrow.

We went on a hike yesterday. There is a giant rock formation behind the house. Sort of like a cross between Flat Rock Park
and Stone Mountain
I took these pictures of dead cedar trees:
I love the way the wood appears to be twisting. I didn't get a picture of the entire rock because it is just too big. You could build three or four houses on it.

I discovered my favorite artist has a tarot deck!
This is great because I was using her deck of regular playing cards as tarot. I've added this to my Amazon wish list and as soon as I have money, I'm getting it.

I am almost finished with the spine of my cookbook. Maybe this weekend it will be done. I forgot to take a picture before I came in here. And anyway, I think I have enough pictures of everything else.





No comments: