Friday, July 27, 2012

Stitching

Here is the magazine I was talking about:
http://www.just-crossstitch.com/
In it, is this pattern:
I will make this for the cover of my cookbook. I decided this will go on the back cover:
I am making a star sampler. I started the top star just for something to do, then decided to fill the canvas with as many different variations as I could think of. I will unify my different stars by filling in the small spaces with smaller stars using the same colors as the bigger stars. It's a good way to try out new ideas and use up odds and ends of embroidery floss. Here's a close-up of the finished star:
I think it's very fiery. I chose a black and white background for the second star to match my new kitchen floor (which we still haven't finished). In case you're wondering what stitchery has to do with cooking, I would rather sew than cook.

It may be premature to mention this, because I don't yet know if my idea will work, but I have ideas for my Etsy shop- cross stitch and needlework patterns! Yay! I'm expanding!




No comments: