Wednesday, July 11, 2012

No Aliens, And No Mothership Either

I am still here, alive, well, and not abducted by aliens.

(A friend of mine used to say that when it had been a while since she had socialized with anybody. I haven't spoken to her in a long time, but I am certain she could easily fend off an alien abduction with one hand tied behind her back.)

The floor is half done. I am ashamed to say I hate it. I wanted black and white tiles, and so to achieve this I had to buy two different brands so I could have two opposite colors and wouldn't you know the tiles are not the same thickness. The white is thicker than the black. It looks fine, but the difference is felt under bare feet, which, of course, as an earth witch, I love to go barefoot. Sigh.

He ran out of glue. There is glue on the floor, glue on my mop, glue on the door knob, glue on the counter, and glue stuck to the bottle of dish washing liquid. I do not believe one small bucket could have physically held 60 odd gallons of glue, yet there seems to be 60 some gallons smeared all over my kitchen.

Not all the corners match up. This annoys me. I can't afford to rip it up and do it properly myself. All I can do is delay buying the next bucket of glue until I have a day off and then perhaps I can supervise take over. Unless your man makes a living installing flooring, he is lying when he says he knows how to put down tile.

We have been ghost hunting. The ghost is more active now. (We DID just tackle a remodel project.) This may be a picture of our ghost:

Money is a little better in that we now have slightly more of it. It is like lugging a pail of water back to camp. There's enough to drink, some for cooking, and maybe hand washing, but it is nowhere near like turning on a tap for washing dishes, doing laundry, or taking a hot shower. And once you start thinking of all the things that need water, you realize you will never make enough trips back and forth to the stream.

Every day we run errands, job hunt, pick up meds, and just generally go back and forth. We never get it all done, we always run out of time before I have to go to work, I usually realize mid-stride that there must be a more efficient/easier way but too late now...and then I get to work feeling really grumpy. I think maybe I should get up earlier, but that is not going to improve my lack of sleep grumpiness. I'd like to have a day where I didn't have to leave the house at all.

I am now wearing my glasses. I got down to my last pair of contacts then my prescription expired. I couldn't afford to go to the eye doctor so I just kept rinsing my two month old throw-away-after-30-days contacts. Then my left eye started burning so bad I couldn't stand it. I am wearing my glasses, which are more than ten years old so I still can't really see, and on top of it all, I look like a dork. If the mothership does land, I probably won't see it.

3 comments:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

hugs. Oh, and I may (or may not) have sent you something... just so you're on the lookout.

FreeDragon said...

Like the sugar-free Easter bunny that may or may not exist? :)

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

*grin*