Saturday, June 9, 2012

Vacation Day 1

I realize I am posting twice in one day. There's not really anything wrong with that, it's just not something I normally do. But I may be doing a lot of it over the next 9 days as I try to rebalance my soul.

I discovered one of my pillows smells like Mr. Dragon. I have been snuggled up with the pillow most of the day, breathing in his scent as I doze softly.

It is raining and cold. Or maybe it's not that cold, maybe I just feel it because us diabetics are always cold. Anyway, I brewed a pot of coffee, put on my favorite denim shirt and sat on my front porch in the dark, fairly warm and dry with the wet night looming around me. Queen lay on the steps. My Goddess danced so fast I thought she was going to call up a storm. I'll try to take a picture of her tomorrow. The phone is recharging now and I know I won't get a good picture with the regular camera. While I sat cross-legged on my doormat, I had an epiphany. I need this place. I need to sink my metaphysical roots deep into the land in order to rise above my anxiety, and what's more, the land needs me to be the witch of this place. I have a ley line in the backyard. I used to sit in the line, letting the energy rise through me until I was nearly drunk from the sensation, but I haven't done it in ages. Sometimes, I don't feel like a witch at all. I feel like a stressed out person of little meaning or use.

And I have been noticing all sorts of little details about the current season. Who couldn't love these little guys-
It's not a great pic, but I was certain if I went out, I'd scare the birds. You can save the picture, then zoom in for a better view. I tried zooming in, but then I couldn't crop. Modern technology ain't that great at times.

The picture is of the top of my swing. I dedicated this part of the yard to three Goddesses. Right now the hydrangea is blooming a dusty purple. The Goddesses informed me They want more purple! Yes, ma'am. I think I will repaint the swing purple, then look for lavender and maybe some white flowers. I have the bottle tree in this space and it would probably look good with white morning glories spilling over it. I bought a sweet basil seed kit today and I think I'll give them one pot. These are African Goddesses and after you give Them something, you cannot take it back. Which is why I dare not cut any of those lovely hydrangeas. I don't even like replacing broken bottles on the bottle tree. I always clearly state my intentions before doing any work in this part of the yard.

I also thought about my cemetery project. I was going to visit all the cemeteries in Tallapoosa County, all 70+. I went to ONE. Then I just didn't do anything else. I have to go if I want to be the witch of this place. The dead are all around and can't be ignored.

I am liking the circles thing on google. I am just amazed at the people who pop up. I found two of my classmates, but I don't know if I should add them because I didn't know them that well in school, it seems weird to just add folks like we're good buddies, and I like to keep my circles small. Maybe that's why covens are always 13 witches or less. Four or five is an intimate circle. Larger than that and you get circles in the circle. Before you try to find me, there is no circle for FreeDragon. All my circles are under my real name and for now I am keeping witch stuff separate. Mostly. I've discovered some people fit into more than one circle.

I haven't done any art, sewing, cooking, gardening, or cleaning. I think I can do these things tomorrow. Today, I had to rest. I'm still tired, but I am no longer on edge.

No comments: