Thursday, May 24, 2012

I Thought It Smelled Nice

I used to wear body spray when I was a teenager. My best friend gave it to me for my birthday and I immediately loved it. They don't make it anymore. I tried other body sprays and some I liked. Then I discovered Wicca and I started using oils. When I was dating my police officer, he LOVED patchouly. He was an intently sexual man but when I wore patchouly oil it was just like flipping his switch to overdrive. He couldn't keep his hands off me. I like patchouly for its earthy scent. Kevin HATED it. He said it smelled musty. I like natural scents- rose, vanilla, citrus, honeysuckle. Kevin liked manufactured perfume scents. The only one we could both agree on was my Avon Night Magic skin softening lotion (or whatever it's called). Since we couldn't agree, I stopped wearing perfume and essential oils.

Then Kevin and I broke up. I found more body spray. It's not what I used to wear, but it's close. This is Skin Musk and I used to wear Impressions Electric Musk.


Mr. Dragon doesn't like it.

The subject came up two days ago when he had a migraine. He said my perfume was getting to him. I have migraines myself so I understood. There is nothing like a strong smell to turn your stomach over during a migraine headache. But he kept asking about my scent in a negative way so I finally said, 'You don't like it, do you?' And he said it made me smell like an old woman.

Okay, no big deal. I told him to pick out something he liked and I'd wear that. But then I started worrying that like Kevin, he'd come back with some unnatural smelling stuff. I decided a needed a second male opinion. I asked Kurt what he thought.

Kurt got really offended. He doesn't think Mr. Dragon should be telling me what I can wear. I was wondering why he took so much offense until it dawned on me (duh!) Kurt is jealous. I should have asked a different male.

I tossed the body spray (sigh), I'm not experimenting with any scents, and I am just praying Mr. Dragon doesn't give me something that smells like furniture polish. And I'm not telling Kurt anymore relationship details.

No comments: