Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bend, Motherf*cker, Bend

I will try hard not to sound racist. But the simple fact remains, Koreans live for their jobs. Americans have jobs to support their lives.

Koreans are filled with sorrow when the plant closes. Americans are relieved. Even if it means a loss of money during a month heavy with bills, we would rather BE AT HOME than be at work. Because, ya know, work sucks. Koreans haven't figured out the work sucks thing yet.

Memorial Day Weekend was SUPPOSED to be three days off. Because that's what everyone else in the country is doing, taking Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to drink alcohol, grill burgers, and go to the river. Rest, fuck, read, drink some more, maybe do fireworks and ice cream.

I haven't had a Saturday off in two full months. I am getting tired. My nerves are frazzled. Small problems are starting to irritate me in a big way. I don't have time to do things I want to do and I am becoming resentful. Naw, mean, I am becoming mean and I would feel good if I ripped someone's head off.

I made a freaking list of what I wanted to do this weekend. I put fucking Mr. Dragon at number 1. So excited was I about spending time with my man, I started cleaning the house, making sure clean sheets were on the bed, fresh towels in the bathroom, and hmm, what might he like to eat?

I HAVE TO WORK FOUR HOURS SATURDAY!

Seriously, what the goddamn fuck?! Do you know WHY? First shift didn't want to work all day Friday. They left early. But production wasn't met, so they agreed to come in on Saturday. Now I think if first shift is that damn stupid they can have at it, but why, why, why in the hell does second shift have to come in?! I worked overtime. I made my numbers, WHY do I have to come in? Why?! Somebody explain it to me because I simply do not understand.

I have to work four hours. And (wait, it gets more stupid) I have to come in at noon. Which is 11am my time. Because the plant goes by Eastern time. The idea is we will get work over with so we can enjoy our weekend. I would rather have worked until 6am and be completely done than to screw up my sleep, insulin, holiday, and fucking.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

No comments: