Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm in a Treasury!

First freakin' item, no less:
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTY4MzIyNTd8MjcyMDEyMzEwOQ/diamonds-are-a-girls-best-friend

That's my good news for today.

In other news, nothing is ever simple.

I haven't seen Jeff all week. I was afraid he got fired because forklift drivers do NOT last long in the department he's in. So I felt bad that he probably got screwed, but I was relieved to have one less man chasing me. But then! (Told ya it wasn't simple) But then, there's Kurt. Kurt thinks I'm awesome with a beautiful smile and because I rarely smile, he does stupid things all night trying to make me laugh. So I thought I lost one but gained another until tonight when Jeff came back to work. I have like, I don't know, I lost count of all these men AND THEN (no, still not simple) Mr. Dragon picked tonight to reveal some info I wish I had known about months ago, like when I was thinking of giving Jeff a try. These men are driving me up the damn wall. Evidently I was very, very bad in a past life. Or maybe I was just bad in this one. I've lost count of that too.

Moving on to less complicated matters, I no longer have insurance. I had Essential Care under the temp agency, and of course I knew it would run out, I just didn't know when. I so did not want to call and ask if I was still covered. In March I went to the doctor with my Blue Cross card, only to find out coverage didn't begin until April. Then I got a letter from Blue Cross denying me coverage because I am diabetic. They are refusing to cover me until January 2013. Short of getting a lawyer, there is nothing I can do, and even if I fight it, they can still deny me while dragging things out in court. I can always claim they intended to cover me since they sent me a card stating coverage begins in April, but I will still have to go through several months of negotations and there is no way to make them pay for my insulin RIGHT FUCKING NOW when I need it. And I do not know if I could win. I might spend a whole lot of time, effort, and money getting nowhere. Being that I had Blue Cross when I became diabetic, I don't think they should call my illness a pre-existing condition just because I changed jobs. And I think it should be against the law to deny a healthy diabetic coverage. You see, all my test results have been in the normal range for the last two check-ups. Despite having an incurable illness, I am in better health than the average American. And being that diabetes is one of the fastest growing diseases in America with a person diagnosed every 17 seconds, the law must change to protect us. Soon there will be so many people with the sugar, the non-diabetics will be the weird ones.

Let's talk about something less depressing:

I just finished The Dressmaker of Khair Khana. My only complaint is it wasn't long enough. And pictures! I want pictures of the beautiful dresses! There is a list of websites in the back of the book I am yet to visit, maybe I can find/view/buy something really cool.

I am working on one of my lovely stars for my cousin's birthday next month. I am done with the yellow and cream star and have moved on to the background. I intended greens, but the star said teal and pink. It is bold and very girly. But it's a gift for a bold woman who does not leave her house unless she is dressed to the nines. Always listen to your creations, they know better than you.

I took a walk today (see, exercising, sticking to my diet, and taking my meds. I am such a good girl) I decided I was a Kmart reject of a witch because I couldn't identify 90% of the plants growing along the road. And I call myself a kitchen witch. Name any spice and I can rattle off a few dozen uses. I can do this for just about any spice or herb sold in the grocery store. But when it comes to wildcrafting, I'm not wild enough. Maybe I switch over to being a sex witch. I seem to be oozing sex appeal from my pores with practically no effort. As long as I don't have to screw in the woods I should be okay.

And is anyone else having problems with Blogger? Suddenly half my stuff doesn't work. My picture disappeared from the top of my blog because of 'invalid URL' What? Nothing changed. It's a picture of a sign in my front yard that I took with my camera, I own the image, and after posting it to my blog, I didn't make any changes. How can the URL be invalid? Buttons don't work, which is why the new 'stalk me' feature is a list of addresses and not neat little buttons taking you to various sites. Pictures pretend to load, but don't acutally show up in the post. Titles also delete themselves. I thought it was me, but no, I have named all my posts like I always do. Speaking of titles, the title of this blog went away after I corrected the photo of my sign and I haven't put it back because every time I fix something, I find more problems.

Nothing is ever simple.

1 comment:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

I think you'd make a great geisha/sex witch :) lure them in then eat 'em up!

Sux about BCBS... so frustrating!

Silly blogger. No issues for me yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.