Friday, March 23, 2012

I Let the Monkeys Loose Via the Crystal Ball

It has been a very rough week workwise. I mentioned we shut down for a couple of days due to a fire at another supplier. I came back on Wednesday and where do I land but right back on my old line. Every time I look over my shoulder, my old supervisor was laughing at me. People kept teasing me, saying I was 'back home' and I'd never leave. Worse, they laid off most of the temps, including (gulp) the one that took my place so I could change departments. Hoo Boy.

Thursday afternoon I was so depressed I simply didn't want to go to work. Here I was thinking I finally got out of Hell, I finally got on a line where I like the work, the hours were great, I could manage my sugar, and my team leader understood my condition AND was willing to help me manage my diabetes. Now suddenly all that has been snatched away like it never happened. I did what I should have done in the first place- I called Human Resources.

At first, I didn't think it did any good. I was told someone would call me back and two hours later, he still hadn't called me. So called him, and got his voicemail, which cut me off in the middle of my message. I was kicking myself, thinking I was getting nowhere, when, finally, he called. The more I explained, the more he seemed to be on my side, but his solution was to 'monitor' the situation and for me to let him know if things became worse. He did give me his cell number, but I was very frustrated when I got off the phone. I felt like a brick wall was solidly in my way.

I sat down with my crystal ball just to make myself feel better. It's very grounding and peaceful. I kept repeating the name of my new team leader and department.

I have been hearing all kinds of rumors. The biggest one was we were shutting down next week for maintenance instead of shutting down in June. Yes, it would be a week off, but I would have no money, it screws up the plans I made for June, and after shut-downs people tend to be shifted around. Limbo is a bad place to be during a shut-down. You might get stuck there.

I imagined a great gold dragon rising out of my crystal ball. He nudged people into action. He cleared my path. He protected the job I want.

I went to work still feeling depressed. As I headed in, the plant manager stopped me. He heard that I called HR and he wanted to assure me that working on my old line was a TEMPORARY solution. AND Monday everything would be back to normal. We aren't shutting down. The shut down will be in June just like it always is. Whew! Okay, now I just have to get through this week.

The asshole, laughing supervisor took vacation. Yay!

They didn't lay off the temp who took my place. She was just sick Wednesday. Even better!

Instead of Monday, the plant goes back to normal FRIDAY. Ah, thank the Goddess! I will be back on my line this week after all.

So now I have my job back, Human Resources is aware of how I was treated, the supervisor will probably get his ass chewed when he returns, I don't have to worry about money next week, and people now know I will take a stand if I am messed with. Plus, I still have my crystal ball, dragon, and witch powers. I have been pondering all sorts of possibilities.

Don't make me call the monkeys back.

 

1 comment:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

One of those happy days when it's good to be a witch!