Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Better Pics, Not Much to See, Storage into Pantry Part 2

I had good light today and even better, I worked a normal 8 hour shift so I actually feel like sharing my life right now.
I'm keeping the door normal because I don't really think it's anyone's business what sort of magick I do. I will be taking down the braided sticks. Years ago, I purchased a flowering topary. It died shortly there after, but I thought the way the tree had been woven together was really cool. Now I think it would make a good Goddess offering. I have some oil that really needs to be used. I'm going to pour my essential oil all over my wood braid, then burn it in my firepit.
Ah, the shelves. They are much neater now. The top two shelves are for seasonal items, light bulbs, tools, WD40 and the like. The bottom shelf and the floor are reserved for garden stuff. The food items will reside in the middle. I have some tins ready for protecting boxed/bagged items. I have never seen any evidence of mice in this house, but I'm sure I will if I start leaving food out. That's why the big blue drum holds dog food and bird seed.

I put my dragons in the window. At my old job, they where charged to protect my office. I was going to have them facing out, but they wanted to face in. Dragons can be particular about things like that.

Now, my new 'herb rack' I left the curtain rod above the window. This is mint in a tulle bag tied with yarn. I have some long curtain rods and, if they fit, I can place them near the ceiling and then I should be able to dry most anything. Word of advice- your drying place must be dry. Hot alone may not be enough because heat often has humidity. I've never tried drying anything out here. I may have to use a fan to keep the air moving.

The final picture is the corner behind the door. This is an aqurium stand that I repurposed into a tool rack for my rake and shovels. I am also storing those blinds (no point in wasting shelf space) and some extra wood trim my landlord bought when he had the windows replaced. My boogie board doesn't have a permanent home yet. It was on the shelves too. It's a cheap board, but I really like it and I don't want it broken. I need my board for exploring the Tallapoosa River and Lake Martin. In the twenties, the river was dammed to make Lake Martin which is the largest man-made lake in the world. I've heard estimates between 700 and 900 miles of shoreline. I suppose how much shore we've got depends on whether or not you count the islands, whether or not there's a drought, and time of year- Alabama Power lowers the water level by ten feet each winter. I know I said I would have pics of my altar, but they were really bad. You'll just have be satsified with the corner you see here.

1 comment:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Thanks so much for sharing, luv.