Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hecate's Day

I didn't know, but the last day of any month belongs to Hecate. And it's the last day of the year. As soon as I learned this tidbit of information, I wrote Hecate's name in the last square of each month on my calendar. I really wanted more witchy days, now I have 12 more. This is a great time to leave an offering to Her at a crossroads. I've already started drinking (BudLight Lime) so I won't be driving anywhere tonight.

Today is also a good time to return items to their proper place. If you have been wishing something in your house would go elsewhere, now is a good time to put it where it really belongs. You can also try burning 2011's calendar to release negative energy and bad luck.

Whatever you do tomorrow, DON'T wash clothes. My Granny used to say that every drop of water which fell from a washed garment hanging on the clotheslines was one tear you would shed in the coming year. I did my laundry yesterday.

Some people don't believe in emptying trash on New Year's day. I've never had a problem with it. Others think whatever you are doing on New Year's is an indication of the coming year. AJ mentioned this in 1995 because we were driving back home from Dallas on New Year's Day 1996. She thought it meant we would be travelling a good bit. We didn't travel, but it was a year of transitions. Lots and lots of changes. I decided to spend tomorrow making art so hopefully I'll have plenty of creativity in 2012.

We are beginning 2012 with the moon in Aries. This means people will have big ideas and goals, but they may not see them through. You will have a better chance of success if you break large plans into smaller chunks which are easier to manage.

I used to be able to manifest things just by talking about them. Apparently, I got my ability back. I wanted a book stand for my kitchen witch cookbook. Today I went into the craft store and, lo and behold, there was a book stand- in the needlework section with no other similar object anywhere near it. In fact, I have never seen such a thing in that store. It was under $6 and it's adjustable! How perfect is that?!

I also now have everything for my front porch except my gazing ball and my doormat. I put my gargoyle over the post, and I bought some really cheap ivy. It's in great condition, bright green and healthy. I've found the perfect ball, just haven't purchased it, and with the way things are going, I think the doormat will appear any day. I'll take pictures when I have it all arranged.

My indoor garden looks good. I have aloes, mint, the ivy (I was worried about cold, but with global warming that's probably not an issue. I could probably safely place it on the front porch), and rosemary. The rosemary doesn't look exactly right, I think it is bothered by my gas heat. Herbs are sensitive to such things. I found flameless candles at the dollar store. I put one in a gourd I carved. I have it 'flickering' for New Year's Eve. I wanted my indoor garden to be a living altar for special/holidays. I thought it would be nice to have a special place for when I couldn't get outside.

I have a date tomorrow. Don't get excited, it's Kevin. I don't consider us back together- I'm still a single woman. I have no idea which man I'll eventually end up with. I'm not sure I care anymore. What seems most important at this time is to have as many choices as possible.

I've thought a lot about the upcoming year. Sometimes the world seems to fly by. I have decided to stop. I am making my home into a safe, welcoming, restful place. If the world needs me, it knows where I am. I'm not trying to keep pace. I am turning the Wheel in my own way. I hope to be a witch with great power. One that can heal and protect. I want to live simply and honestly on my own terms. I think this is the way Hecate is asking me to live.

Happy New Year and Bright Blessings to You and Yours in the Year of the Dragon!

1 comment:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Blessings for a new year, my friend.