Monday, November 28, 2011

Some Gold for You

A long, long, long time ago, I read a 'Wicca 101' book in which the author stated that to ensure prosperity in the New Year, some gold, no matter how small, had to pass though your hands.

The idea is that if you can afford to give gold away, then you are wealthy indeed. Like attracts like, so surely more gold will come your way.

In December I can't pass by a Salvation Army bucket without dropping in change. The year gold dollars were issued I was in heaven. Now I have to use silver half dollars and even those are hard to come by. You can tell the economy is in deep shit when you can't get the coin you want at the bank. I don't think banks even ask how you want your money anymore because I have to ask for large bills. And though I can get hundred dollar bills, fifties seem to be non-existent, another bad sign.

Much as I would like to, cannot give each of you a gold coin. I would love to give you each a gold dollar and a prosperity blessing. I'm not that rich, so we'll have to settle for virtual gold. In honor of 2012, I picked a coin with dragons.

May all your needs be met and more.
May you never hunger or thirst.
May you be safe and loved.
May you rise to meet your challenges.
May you achieve your goals.
May you dream much and laugh more.
May you have great happiness in the Year of the Dragon.
Blessed Be.

1 comment:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Awww... Thank you and may blessings return to you!