Thursday, October 6, 2011

Really, That's What They Said

These are some actual comments said to me after I've told people I'm a witch.

1. "I don't believe you're a witch. I think you believe you are, but witches don't exist." (There is nothing more patronizing than being told to my face that I'm not real. Screw you.) Said by an ex-boyfriend. He said lots of things along this line which is why I dumped him. I wasn't a person to him, just a piece of ass.

2. "I can't talk to you anymore because you're going to Hell." Said by a college classmate who dropped me like a hot potato. She stopped speaking to me, stopped sitting beside me, and stopped studying with me. I ceased to exist for her.

3. "Are you into Wicca? That's my sister's hobby." Excuse me, last time I checked, religion wasn't a hobby. Said by a rather dingy secretary at my old job. She started the conversation, tried to out me, and just generally made a pest of herself. Annoyed, I told her I was High Priestess of the Chicken Worshipper Cult. I think she thought I was serious.

4. "I think the whole witchcraft thing is cool as hell. Can you teach me how to hex people?" Said by a former boss who was eventually fired for embezzlement.

5. "If you really have powers, why are you working for a living?" Suppressed co-worker and psychic vampire. We called her The Dark Cloud.

6. "I'll pray for you. You're just on the wrong path. Jesus can..." Creepy church lady ease dropping on a conversation with a fellow witch. She said some more stuff about Hell, fire, angels, and she shouted bible verses as we got away as fast as we could.

7. "So, like, can you take a shower?" Drunk guy at a party. I guess his only frame of reference was The Wizard of Oz.

8. "How do you know you're a witch?" I've heard this one so many times I've lost count. The same way I know I'm straight. I just know.

9. "There's a ghost in my house. Can you get rid of it?" And yes, I did.

2 comments:

Living in Muddy Waters said...

My dad is an atheist and whenever anyone mentioned God, he would always asked them how they knew they there was a God. Made me think of your number 8.

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Sometimes people baffle me. One of my favorites was at the bar that my meetup-group goes to every month there was another group. Our conversation(s) had gotten fairly theological so a woman from the other group asked "So are you all a church study group?" We explained that we're a Pagan social group and that we meet here once a month. Her (incredibly patronizing) response was "Well, good for you!"