Thursday, October 13, 2011

But Mama! We'll MELT!

It has been a rainy October. Just about every day, I let the dogs out. Labradors, mind you, a breed speffically designed to jump into icy cold water to retrive fishing nets.

As I walk towards the door, Halona and Sophie begin bouncing around excitedly. They bark and growl, with tails wagging faster than airplane propellers.

Before I really get the door open, they have bounded out. And they come to an immediate halt at the edge of the porch.

RAIN!

Both dogs stare in dismay. Evil water is falling from the sky. "Go find a spot." I'll tell them. They look at me like I'm stupid. But we don't want to get wet!

I can't coax the dogs off the porch unless their bladders are so full they're about to burst.

When the rain stops, I'll let them out and both dogs splash through every mud puddle in the yard.

No comments: