Saturday, October 1, 2011

26

I had a low sugar at work tonight. I don't know how low, I just felt it drop. Our team leader (who I can't stand), kept saying we would leave soon, so I was trying to wait, but I felt my sugar going lower so I finally gave up and ate Oeros while the production supervisor glared at me for eating. I glared back. Please write me up. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I wonder what it would be like to retire before the age of 35.

After the cookies, I felt a little better, but still not quite right. The team leader kept promising we could go, then she's find more work. I started feeling angry, not just because I was being treated like a doormat, but angry about EVERYTHING. That should have been a clue.

Finally, my team leader and I had a discussion about my sugar and I left. All the way home my stomach rolled. I wanted to burst into tears. My head pounded as waves of anger washed over me.

It was hard to see. I couldn't decide if I was too hot or too cold. I thought maybe my sugar was too low. Maybe I shouldn't drive. Who will come get me? No one loves me. I wanted to cry again.

Finally I got home. I sat down and cried. Then I tested my sugar.

26. If my sugar falls below 70 I am not supposed to drive.

I have eaten a brownie, milk, and crackers. I no longer feel like crying, I decided I am too cold, and I think maybe somebody does love me. I hope so.

No comments: