Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Friday

Ah, Friday. My favorite day. I just have to get through today and then I can be myself. See, this is why I need to leave my job- it limits my very self. Last Saturday I stopped by a friend's work to give her a house warming present. My friend works 6-7 days a week; every week. How does her company reward her? With lies and manipulation. She works in a manufacturing plant like I do and it was very quiet because managers don't like to work on Saturday. My friend's co-worker was there and for a few hours we sat in the office and talked. We all had the same complaint- we feel like we are being used by the companies we work for. We think work infringes on our personal lives. We all had stories of being called after hours for things that had nothing to do with business- bosses wanting to know who said what, can't find something so make sure you come in and take care of it, interrupting vacation to ask about files or procedures...I could go on and on. This is not the first time I've had the experience. A few years ago I went to my aunt's house for Easter and all my cousins had similar complaints. I thought then that was a problem of my generation, but now I'm not sure. Now I think all companies believe they 'own' the employees. I don't know how to make this better, but I do know Corporate America is a bad thing.

Speaking of better, I've purchased a spot on Etsy to promote my wares. I didn't know it, but when I buy a spot for 1 item they automatically show 10. So I'm pretty much promoting my entire shop for $7. Hopefully this will generate more traffic and then some sales!

I was thinking I might post a weekly menu again. Yesterday I wrote down some possibilities but I haven't yet decided what to cook. I can tell you we're having salmon patties tonight and I am having vegetable beef soup for lunch tomorrow.

Today's card is cheetah. I hope this doesn't mean my weekend is going to zoom by.

No comments: