Monday, March 29, 2010

Finally

I just bought my new computer. Online.
I had the worst luck with stores. Either the selection was terrible or the price was $200 more than what I saw online. I went to 3 different stores Sunday with the firm intent of buying both a new computer and a camera. Nada. I got very annoyed (especially at Best Buy where so many people were parked in front of the display computers that I couldn't even get a glimpse) I decided to buy directly from hp. No standing in line, no peering around fat people, and plenty of selection.
The next step is Internet at home. This is the part I'm dreading b/c my phone company promised me service for $49 a month. And the service IS $49 a month but after they add tax, fees, 911 service, and I don't even know what all else, my phone bill is $85. Gad. They promise to bundle phone and Internet for $59 a month so I guess that would bring my bill up $120?!
But I will get the Internet and I will start back blogging on a regular basis b/c no one likes an absentee blogger. I'm sorry. It's hard to get to the library sometimes. And it's hard to get a computer here too. I guess lots of people don't have the 'net at home.
So that's my news. Hopefully next time I post I'll be sitting at my own desk sipping coffee.

No comments: