Monday, June 1, 2009

Some updates and cool stuff

Okay, gotta write fast b/c the library is crowded today and I had to put my name on a waiting list to use a computer.
First- cool stuff. I held a hummingbird! Know anybody else that's done such a thing?! I have a feeder on my porch and one female is very territorial about it. I guess that includes me, b/c when I took the feeder in the house to clean and refill it, she followed me in, then got trapped in the window between the blinds and the glass. I kept reaching for her, and finally she perched on my finger, so I grabbed her really quick and took her out. That's the second time I'm caught a wild bird with my bare hands.
Second- this is a duh moment (Sadly I am prone to a good many of those) I have a Polaroid camera, which means I don't have to use up a whole roll of film (which I still haven't done) before I can show you pictures. I totally forgot all about that camera. I am sorry.
Third- speaking of pics M finally sent the box, so now I can show you what AJ looked like. I didn't bring the disk today, stopping at the library was a spur of the moment thing, but next post for sure.
I'm a little upset with M b/c instead of sending what AJ wanted me to have, he sent a wooden box that I gave her for x-mas many years ago. I don't know if he was clueless that the box was from me or if he knew and didn't want anything I gave his mother around the house. I'm NOT calling him to find out.
But since he did send me something of hers, I feel like I have closure. It's starting to sink in that's she's gone- before I would miss her and think, I really should call AJ. I stopped dreaming about her. In all the dreams she was alive and well and I'd try to tell her that she was dead and she'd just sort of wave me off- no big deal. I'd wake up feeling guilty and depressed. Now I think she might be telling me something along the lines of I'm in a better place, let it go.

No comments: