Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Careful

I had a small accident Saturday.

I'm okay, but it was a close one.

I was going home and when I was about 1/2 a mile from the house a truck came flying around the curve. It was towing a trailer which was loaded down with junk and pieces of trash were flying everywhere. I saw a chunk of metal sail off and bounce across the road.

Really there wasn't anything to do. It was a curve with a deep ditch on either side and trees lining the bank. The roads are narrow. I was going too fast to stop and the truck was still going past in his lane. I tried to dodge it, but the metal struck my tire and cut the tire almost in half.

I pulled over immediately. The truck towing the trailer kept going with trash still flying off. I couldn't budge the lug nuts so I started walking home. It was hot. I checked my cell every few feet, but alas, no signal.

One car stopped but it was two older ladies and I didn't think they could change the tire either. They didn't seem inclined to give me a ride and I don't blame them really, I don't pick up people walking on the road either.

I finally had a signal- when I got home. I called my landlord b/c Kevin was at work. My landlord sent a mechanic. My father brought me a new tire. And on the summer solstice I renewed my car protection spell.

1 comment:

nefaeria said...

It's good to hear that you are alright!