Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Whatever Day It Is

I’m not sure what day it is. Seems like I had something major to do day and well, hmmm, I’ve forgotten.

There is no food at my house. I skipped buying groceries b/c I didn’t want to pack them up again. Tonight I decided I couldn’t live without the bare necessities so I bought wine. All is right with the world now.

Except for my steam mop. I got the purple steam mop and it DOES clean as well as the TV promises. It doesn’t dry that fast, but it really cleans on very little water. I really loved mine and today one of my dogs chewed up the cord. Originally it had a 20 foot cord and now it has a stumpy little 8 foot cord. I was FURIOUS! Kevin says he can fix it but still, my dog chewed up $80! Aaaaarrrgggghhh! I wanted to steam clean the new house before it was filled with boxes.

Kev and I fought about it a little b/c he was supposed to build a dog pen Monday but he went turkey hunting instead. He killed a nice turkey but that doesn’t help my situation at all. Men!

Today is the last day with Internet. I am told there’s dial up at the new house, but it’s so slow I might as well not have an Internet connection. I’m going to check into wi-fi. I think I should just buy another computer anyway, this one freezes up at the most inconvenient times. I’m thinking laptop. In the meantime, I’ll blog from the library. Hopefully my next post will be on Sunday.

At some point I need to deliver the tornado quilts. I was undecided about being anonymous so I split the difference. I’ll secretly deliver quilts, but I’ll sign my initials to every one.

Also I have been asked to write a bid for a sewing job. When I’m going to do this I have no idea but I need to do it so I’ll have money. Moving is rather expensive.

Been having strange dreams. I think it is because my own house has become unfamiliar to me. I can’t find half my shit, I found things I didn’t know I had, and I feel like I’m living out of my truck. Every day I either take a load of stuff to the dump, Goodwill, or the new house. And it is a LOOOOOONG way from here to there. From there to work isn’t bad but the Cow College on the Plains seems to ramble on forever. Today I left work at 3:30, came home, walked the dogs, screamed about the steam mop, packed up things, went to my new house, did a cleansing, brought in boxes, and finally got back here to eat supper at 7:45. I still have to pack books.

Let’s see, what else? I still haven’t received a box from M. I’m not surprised. I sent AJ’s mother a sympathy card. Let me tell you now that all sympathy cards say the same thing so just get the prettiest card. I picked out one with an angel on it because AJ’s mother grew up in a Baptist orphanage and she adores angels. She has them in every room of the house.

Let me stop for a moment. Once AJ was talking about her cousins. I asked if this was her father’s family b/c I knew about the orphanage and she said, no, it was her mother’s aunt. I was just appalled. How can a family knowingly leave a blood-kin child in the orphanage? AJ apparently had never thought of it that way and she rushed to assure me that the aunt came to visit every weekend. That made it seem worse to me. Think about being all alone in the world except for your aunt and her children. They come to see you in the cold orphanage each weekend but they don’t love you enough to take you home. I couldn’t fathom it. There’s no way I’d leave a child in my family like that.

Anyway, I put this address on the card. It occurs to me that M may send the box here which is pointless because I am moving. I forwarded the mail, but what if the box doesn’t ever reach Tallapoosa County? I’ll be thinking M is still the jackass I remember, he’ll think he did good by FINALLY abiding by his dying mother’s wishes and the box will be in post office purgatory. I’m still tempted to drive to Dallas even though I know it’s not worth it. I am a little afraid M will show up at work. I’m just hoping that years of smoking pot has fried all the brain cells containing information about me. Maybe I should call Grandma, but what if I do and she has no clue what I’m talking about? What if AJ didn’t leave me anything? What if she did and Grandma doesn’t want me to have it? What if AJ is still alive and all this was some plot…no, M’s not that smart.

Just FYI- I’m on the second glass of wine.

In two weeks T visits from Louisiana. Hopefully my new house will be presentable by then.

I figured out why I wake up so early- I can hear my neighbor’s alarm clock. I heard it go off this morning and I tried slapping my clock into silence several times before I figured out it wasn’t ringing. That is a close neighbor!

Entirely unrelated- Kevin is thinking of shaving his beard b/c it’s starting to get hot. That had nothing to do with the move or the box or anything else, but I like it and I have trouble remembering what Kevin looks like without the beard. Does this mean I am less in love or so in love that I am accepting of his every physical condition?

Speaking of conditions, I found pictures of me from three years ago. I was soooooo thin! Like 90lbs. I left the pics on my desk to encourage me to work out, but so far I haven’t had time and I’m HUNGRY! I just like to eat.

Speaking of pictures, I want to post pictures of my new neighborhood. I have several charming, old building nearby.

I could go on and on, but I really need to pack.

No comments: