Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Path of Least Resistance

Magick follows the path of least resistance. That means you’ll get what you asked for exactly the way you asked for it. Think of magick flowing like water. Water doesn’t flow uphill. It doesn’t go over objects, water goes around. No matter how often you pour out water it never falls into exactly the same splatter pattern. Magick is the same way.

When I talked about turning letters into numbers for spells I picked what I thought was a benign example, I want a vacation. I should have picked something that I actually wanted, but I couldn’t think of any thing right off the bat so I chose something that I figured was harmless.
I didn’t even know the spell worked. I didn’t even think about it as casting a spell because I was just using an example. But last Sunday I came down with a severe sinus infection. On Monday I couldn’t breathe so I stayed out of work. Tuesday I still couldn’t breathe and I was weak from not eating much so I stayed home again. Wednesday I felt like crap on toast but I’m poor so I went to work.

I had to ask our purchaser about some parts and while I was talking to Daddy I had a fit of coughing. (Daddy got his nick name during one of our blood drives. A hot nurse was staring at him so being a middle-aged has-been he grinned back. Nurse Hottie smiled, came over to him and said, “I don’t mean to stare but you look just like my daddy.” He was ticked and being a mean bunch of coworkers we won’t let him forget it.) Anyway, Daddy said, “Are you sick?”
“Well, why do you think I was out for two days?”
“Thought you took a vacation.”
I just shook my head and walked away but four more people asked me if I enjoyed ‘my days off.’

Here’s another example:
Halloween is the witches’ new year. Every year fellow witch Autumn Moon and I celebrate. We have a nice ritual and we drink a good bit and then we make wishes. Her wish was to lose ten pounds. The next day she got a virus. She lost six pounds in one week.

Be careful what you wish for.

No comments: