Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bitches

I’m going to have to stop with the magick for a while and talk about my dogs.

Saturday before last Kevin came over EARLY. I wasn’t even awake yet. He was playing hooky from work (his shift starts at 6am) I think it was about 5:45. Anyway, he offered to be nice and walk the dogs for me. I don’t let Kevin walk the dogs because he’s simply not good at it. But before sunrise I cannot think so I said ok.

I heard a yell and a BUMP and my kitchen window rattled. I jumped out of bed just in time to see Kevin getting dragged into the house with his hand bloody and his knees very dirty. The dogs had pulled him down and then slammed him against the house. I laughed like hell. Kevin’s a big man and he let two dogs (one’s technically still a puppy) drag him across the yard. It was too funny and he was highly perturbed. I rubbed it in- I never get dragged down.

So this morning in the predawn light the dogs spied the neighbor’s cat. I was not very awake and really not paying attention. All I can tell you is that I was standing up and then suddenly I was zooming across the yard at an amazing rate of speed. My hands, forearms, and left hip was scrapped very raw and I would have suffered worse damage but I let go of the leashes.

The cat made it safely under the porch and I retrieved the dogs without my neighbors being any wiser.

I didn’t say anything to Kev.

No comments: