Saturday, March 28, 2009

Moving

I got the house! It is small and the kitchen is practically non-existent, but otherwise it is perfect. My main problem will be Internet. It’s so far out in the country there’s no cable; I will be forced to use dial-up. Sigh. I don’t know who the phone company is out there. I will have to get a house phone anyway b/c my cell doesn’t pick up a signal.

My order of business is to wash clothes. My new house already has a washer and dryer that are much newer than mine. I’m selling my set and I will use the money to buy gas. The house has gas heat and a gas stove. I’ve always had an electric stove so I’m not sure how I will like it.

I’m taking my potted plants over today. I figured the garden stuff would be easy to pack up and I need to make sure I can find the house again. It was almost dark when I went over yesterday. I don’t have keys yet so that will be about all I can take right now anyway.

For those of you interested in witchy stuff - the first items I will take into my new house will be food, salt, and money. This insures I will prosper in my new home. Those were the first items I brought into this house and while money was sometimes tight I never got into a situation where I couldn’t pay my bills.

Another witch tip- it is bad luck to take your old broom into a new house. Doing so brings old negative energy inside. When I move I will buy a brand new broom.

As for the dogs- they now have a big yard to run around in. Kevin is building a dog pen and the dogs will be outside while I’m at work and in when I’m home. Now all of us should be happy.

I’ll post again soon, right now I have packing to do.

1 comment:

nefaeria said...

Congrats on the new pad! :)