Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Out of the Woodwork

I realize that since I mentioned AJ's ex the crazies have been circling like buzzards. So I'll do the post about John and then I'll post about Melissa. I may have to do several posts about Melissa because she is someone whom I believed SHOULD be locked in the padded room and she may of been, but I'll get to that later.

So John...

This is one where I'd actually like some feedback because the whole time it was happening I couldn't believe it and looking back now I still can't believe he did it so if some of you could tell me that I'm not imagining things I'd feel so much better.

AJ and John never married but they were together on and off for several years. I'm really not sure what she saw in him. AJ herself even said that John had more rules than God. She described their sex life once and it went like this:

John had a lake house and every Friday they would drive up for the weekend. There was no sex on Friday night because he was tired from the drive. On Saturday they slept in and then spent the day on the water. Saturday evening he grilled steaks. He always burned them (I've ate 'em, I can testify to the crispiness) because he enjoyed sitting outside in the dusk drinking his scotch and water and John enjoyed it so much that he didn't want to come in. After dinner there'd be a movie and after the movie a shower and THEN they could have sex. They couldn't have sex on Sunday night because not only was it Sunday but he had to drive back that afternoon and of course he would be tired and have to go to work the next day. I'm not sure how the rest of the week went because at this point in the story I interrupted AJ to ask why she wanted to stay with a man who was so rigid and she said that when John finally did get down to business it was good. And I said it'd hafta be damn good and that pretty much ended the conversation.

I can't stress enough how important rules are to this man. You are not allowed to sit on the arms of his recliners. You may not sit on the floor (that's what the chairs are for) No one is allowed to eat before him. I take offense at this one because it's not just at his house and it's not being polite and waiting for everyone to come to the table. I mean that if John has a plate of food he eats. If I get a plate of food before he does he expects me to wait until HE has his food before I eat. It doesn't matter to him if anyone else has food or not. I used to rush in the kitchen and make a plate just to annoy the man.

He doesn't buy cheese because it costs too much. He has some mathematical formula of how much food should cost per pound and cheese is over his limit so he doesn't buy it. He didn't object if AJ bought cheese and he'd certainly eat it if she served it to him, but he wasn't about to waste his money.

Once I irritated to him to no end because we were out on the lake and I really had to go to the bathroom. I told M and he said, Can't you just go in the water?

I was shocked. GROSS. No I couldn't. Just ask John to take me back or you get the boat keys and you take me to the house.

Oh...no. Can't we're all out here on the lake.

I really didn't understand. It was a simple request. I needed to pee. I just couldn't go in the water and I really wasn't comfortable stomping around in the woods looking for a tree. It wouldn't take 10 minutes, just get in the boat and let's go back. M warned me that John would be mad and he was because I disrupted his routine.

He felt that once on the water one would stay there until it was the appropriate hour to return. John did take me back, but he made me wait and he made everyone go back to the house and he made sure that everyone knew I was the cause of the ruined afternoon. Of course when we returned he complained about the waste of gas.

So with all these rules and regulation what he did just shocked me down to my core.

AJ and John used to break up and get back to together on a monthly basis. During one of the off times M took me to the lake and we spent the weekend with John. I had been bitten by a dog in the park. I had a big nasty bruise and puncture marks all over my leg that weekend. It didn't really hurt, but it was ugly.

The 3 of us were sitting in the dinning room and John was drinking his scotch, which may have contributed to what happened. He asked about my leg. I held up my leg so he could see better and the man actually took hold of my foot, placed it in his lap and began to rub my calf.

I couldn't talk. I was VERY uncomfortable. He was wearing little black shorts and my foot was right there by his package and he was shirtless and he was staring. And I didn't know what to do as I sat there in my swimsuit. I felt very naked and the whole thing seemed really intimate, like something a husband would do.

M was beside me not saying anything. I kept looking at him, waiting for him to speak up and defend my honor. But he didn't do anything, did even seem to react, so I thought maybe I was imagining things.

Except John wouldn't let go of my foot.

I literally had to pry his hands off me and ask for my foot back. M still didn't say anything. Then John started asking me all kinds of questions like I was the most interesting thing in the world. It was all ordinary stuff- hobbies, family, my thoughts on politics. Since it seemed harmless and I didn't want to be rude and since M didn't seem bothered, I tried to answer all those questions. This went on and on and on for a couple of hours. I felt like I was under interrogation but no one had bothered to tell me what crime I committed. John had never shown this much interest before (I always got the impression he thought I was stupid) so it really puzzled me.

Then around 11pm M announced he was going to bed. He walked out so suddenly I didn't have time to follow. And John was still talking. Suddenly I was trapped with this weird middle aged man at night and I felt naked all over again.

With M out of the room John asked more personal stuff. How many men had I dated? What kind of man did I look for? I decided enough was enough and I faked a big yawn, said good night and ran upstairs as fast as I could go.

The next morning I made the mistake of waking up first.

I went downstairs and John was sitting at the table wearing the same little black shorts and nothing else, just like the night before. The laptop was in front of him and I don't know what he looking at but he was rubbing himself. I realized that after I walked in and he looked up quickly and saw me before I could run out. He stopped rubbing, but gave me a big smile and invited me to sit.

No way in hell.

I don't know what I said, but I ran back upstairs and stayed with the sleeping M. Later he got up and we went down together.

At this point John was of course ready to go out on the lake and I tried to pretend that all was normal. I found my sun tan lotion and John offered to rub it on my back. I said no thanks, I got it, and then I turned around and asked M to apply it to my skin. I was hoping if I drove home the point that I was dating John's STEPSON he'd leave me alone. The rest of the day was a blur of awkwardness and I have never been so glad to go home.

After 3 days it bothered me to the point that I just couldn't stand it no more so I blurted it out to AJ while M was in the room. She did not look surprised, so I had the awful feeling something happened before. And finally M spoke up and said yeah, John did seem to be hitting on me all weekend. I started screaming. I THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY AND IMAGINING THINGS AND YOU KNEW???!!! WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?!

And M told me that he knew I could handle it and anyway, I'd never cheat on him. So you now you know one reason why I'm not with the man anymore.

3 comments:

Living in Muddy Waters said...

um....EWWWWW!!!!!

nefaeria said...

What a shitty experience. If you're ever in a situation like that again kick both dudes in their happy parts. That should drive the message home.

FreeDragon said...

Glad I wasn't imagining stuff! I couldn't believe my boyfriend's stepfather was hitting on me. It was very icky.