Saturday, February 14, 2009

Here's 50!

41.) I have all recesses traits. I discovered this in a college biology class. I went home and explained to it my parents and discovered they had dominant traits. This means they both carry dominant and recess genes, but I only carry recesses genes. That makes me a somewhat of a freak of nature.

42.) I am an earth sign, but both my parents are water signs.

43.) My father is the oldest of three children and my mother is the youngest of five. I am an only.

44.) This is the way my parents met- My father built three houses for his first wife and she didn’t like any of them. After he divorced her he put the last house up for rent. My mother’s job transferred her to the next town over and she needed a house closer to work. Her father already knew Dad (Papa knew EVERYBODY) and he told her about the house. My mother rented the house and after living there for a year, my dad asked her out. A year later they got married. Two years after that I was born. My parents grew up in the same town and went to the same school and never met before my mother rented the house.

45.) My parents almost didn’t get together because on the night their first date was scheduled my mom’s nephew died in a car accident. Mom called to cancel and Dad was in the shower so his sister took the call. My aunt did relay the message, but she just told him his date canceled, she didn’t say why. Dad thought Mom just didn’t want to go out and Mom thought Dad was some kind of asshole for not offering condolences.

46.) Both sets of my grandparents were married over 50 years. My parents have been married 34 years. I have never been married.

47.) Despite having a BA in English I am terrible at spelling.

48.) My favorite movie star is Marilyn Monroe.

49.) I have never done drugs and I don’t smoke.

50.) If I could be anything in the world I would still choose to be me.

No comments: