Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Busy

Before I can explain what I have been doing I first must figure out what day it is. Ah, yes, it is payday. I know this because I am already broke.
Today I had to go buy things for work because it's cheaper than having work order what I need. Tomorrow I get my money back so I will be slightly less broke for a brief period of time (all of three hours).
Yesterday I cooked. Now I despise cooking but when I cook I actually cook, no opening of cans and boxes here. Kevin helped some by grilling the steaks. I made the sweet tea, roasted the corn, made the cat head biscuits and set the table. I also fed the dogs and made the coffee for today and put the laundry in the dryer. This morning I got up at five and washed all the freakin' dishes from last night. Kev does not do dishes.
My grandmother once said if she was ever going to wish anything bad on someone it would be to cook three square meals a day. She said if you cook three times a day there was no escaping the kitchen and this is true because when I got up Tuesday morning I put the steaks in marinade and on Monday night I got them out of the freezer to thaw so technically the main dish of Tuesday's meal took 24 hours to prepare. 36 hours if you count this morning's dish washing. That's why I rarely cook.
I don't remember what the heck I did on Monday (besides getting out the steaks) but I do know that all this week I've had plans to quilt and I haven't gotten there yet.
Actually...if I want to quilt why I am I writing? Gotta go.

1 comment:

Living in Muddy Waters said...

Um? Cat head biscuits? Are those for the dragon? What the heck are they, and please don't say they're made from real cats!