Wednesday, October 22, 2008

last two entries

June 19, 2008
Oh, wow, a whole month since I’ve written. Here it is Full moon in June- Strong Sun Moon. What to wish for? I drew the Bear card this morning, nurture creativity. But I wanted wish for something that would improve the whole community. What to wish for, what to wish for. My dragon quilt is coming along nicely. I’d like to get it done this weekend, but that probably won’t happen. Maybe I should wish to stay focused and have enough energy to complete my daily goals. Maybe I should wish for a more magickal life. Or maybe I should save that wish for the Summer Solstice. Hhhhhmmmmm. 10am. After careful consideration, I decided my wish should be for my father to buy Pap’s old house so that I could live near the river. I could sit on the porch every day and make quilts.
August 14, 2008
I skipped the full moon is July, which I probably shouldn’t have done b/c it was the Blessing Moon and it is never good to turn down or pass over a blessing. Kevin wants me to stay home. I think it is a reaction to my getting a second job, even though it’s part-time. Anyway, he thinks he can work one more day a week and make what I bring home in a week and then we’ll be set. So I added up what he makes, and what his monthly expenses are, and I discovered that he should have an extra $400 a month. So where is this money going? I started him on a budget. I hope he sticks to it. If he does, I could be staying home by the end of the year. So I have been thinking- what would I do if I were home all day? Of course I could sew. And I should have a nice yard. And I should be thin. So I am pretending that I already stay home and trying to live that way in between those annoying times called work. Today I went to West Point Lake. I feel balanced now. I have decided that I worship the Goddess in Her form of River Queen. This evening I’m going to work on my iris bed. And I decided to quilt by hand. I’ll piece by machine, but I must hand-quilt. I am no longer concerned with making a small quilt to sell every week. Yes, it is nice having the extra money, but my quilts are suffering. They are not as pretty as they should be. I think I should make a storm at sea quilt to honor the River Goddess. I can do it all by hand with fabric that I dyed. Nice blues and greens. A little grey for rocks. A little tan for sand. It will be lovely.

No comments: