Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Journal first to fifteenth

January 1, 2008
I tried to start an online journal/blog but the page just wouldn’t post. I gave up. I definitely want an electronic journal to save paper. Plus there’s all that cool art I can upload to it.
So what should I be doing with my time?
1. Reading. I love books, why don’t I read as much as I used to?
2. Moving around. I am fat. I need to burn calories. I don’t walk like I used to. Solution- take Halona to park once a week.
3. Creating art. I love art. I love textiles. Why do I treat it like a chore?
4. Working a job I actually like. I despise my current job. I hate plastic. Why do I spend so much time in a plastics factory?
5. Sticking to a routine. I know I get confused easily. No need to make things difficult.
6. Maybe write something every once in a while since I do have a BA in English. Start a journal!
7. Save my money and buy every one x-mas gifts. Wouldn’t that be nice?
I wrote that just to give me some perspective. I think I should start writing stories. Maybe some things that happened to me when I was a child, or things that I have seen. Essays. That means “to try” Writing is all about the art of trying. So is life.

January 2, 2008
Tammy brought over some books yesterday for Paper Back Swap and one of them was “French Women Don’t Get Fat” I read it yesterday and decided it was the most sensible way for me to loose weight since I hate exercise and dieting. Be more aware of what you eat, don’t eat too much, enjoy your food, and move around a little. I can do that. I hate diets- they increase my chances of getting a migraine. Some other changes- I decided to burn a stick of incense every evening to make the house smell better. I bought that wonderful fruit incense from Big Lots and even when not lit it smells heavenly. I finished Mom’s pillow! I am so happy I completed a sewing project on New Year’s Day! I decided that can be her birthday present and I’ll make Sun Bonnet Sue for Mother’s Day. I have to pay the rent today- I hate going over to the office. Maybe I’ll get lucky and Sadie will have died during the night. I hope my deposit goes thru before my check does. I get tried of not having enough money to pay my bills. I hate my job. I have to go in today @ 12 and I am dreading it. I just got to get through this week and then I will be on vacation, but I just know Jean will find all kinds of stupid things for me to do all week. The man cannot stand for anyone to have time off.
10am Finished another sewing project, so now I am two for two! Still don’t want to go to work or pay rent. Back still hurts.
January 6, 2008
I’ve been debating on whether or not to apply for a management position at work and now that I’ve read my journal entries, I have my answer. I hate my job and I hate the company I work for, so moving up means more loathing. Duh. Today is the first official day of my vacation. The thermostat went out this morning. Am waiting for someone/anyone to come fix it. It’s time to move out. I’ll be really glad when I have my own house. I’ve been sewing almost every night and I feel that I am really making good progress. I decided to sell that quilt. I can post a sign at work and hopefully it will go quickly. Next I’m going to make a log cabin quilt and then some from my quilt book and sell those too. If nothing else, Hazel will probably buy one. Went for a walk this morning. Got hot, sore and tired, but I burned some calories! Incense idea works very well, house doesn’t smell anymore. Kevin got an e-mail account. Brother’s girlfriend set it up for him, so now he has an inbox full of silly messages that he cannot open due to his lack of computer access. Oh well.

Date of next entry
January 10, 2008
Vacation is going well. I feel more rested. For my birthday, Kevin and I went to see Beowulf. First 3-D movie I ever saw. We ate at Olive Garden. Kevin didn’t much care for the food and he wouldn’t have picked that movie, but I really enjoyed myself. Tammy and Lee came over Sunday and Lee fixed the heat for me. Sadie lied to me- she said she couldn’t get in touch with landlord and on Monday when I told her I got the heat working she said she would call back and tell him not to come. So she lied and he knew I didn’t have heat in January, he was just too lazy to come out. Later he shows up anyway and all he did was shine his flashlight on the reset button. I don’t know why he bothered. Lazy old goat. I cleaned up the yard and everything looks nice again. I started doing the Fly Lady’s zones again, but I have reworked them to fit my house better. This way I don’t become overwhelmed and nothing gets backed up. I still need to mop. My hands look terrible- dry scaly skin. I hate my job, it makes me ugly long after my days off. Took Halona for a long walk again today. Legs still ached and burned, but it seemed a little easier.

Date of next entry
January 15, 2008
Decided to get the oil changed today and go to the library to look for Robert B. Parker’s new book. Realized I miss reading and decided to do more of it. Vacation went pretty well in spite of the fact that I didn’t sew as much as I planned to. Saturday Kevin took me on the ATV to the clay pits. I saw places I’ve never been. We rode around the pasture too, and everything was fun. I feel more rested and my hands look slightly better now. Last two days I woke up saying, “I don’t want to go.” Really not wanting to go back to work. This vacation has shown me how much I despise my job.

No comments: