Friday, April 19, 2024

Friday

 I have been doing much better these last few days. Writing everything down is what works for me. I updated my Life Control Binder. I have made lists for menus, projects, and chores. Every day, I read my list so I know what to do. This is the only way I can stay on track. The house is clean, cooking is less of a chore, I am finding more time to exercise, and since I know what to do, I feel less stress. I have started journaling about creating art. Ideas/solutions just pop into my head. 

This is art I made way back in 2007. It's called 'Pony Expressionalism.' I have several of these, which I love, but didn't know what to do with them.
Yesterday, I posted my ponies to Spoonflower because I thought they would make good fabric designs. I posted to DeviantArt and got several likes. I also posted to FB, where I got 1 like, and to Instagram, which was apparently ignored. 
I have a few that aren't finished. I decided the project needed to be complete. Even if they didn't have a purpose.

I got the idea of pasting the ponies to old book pages. I thought that would look good, especially if the book was horse related. I then realized that I probably could not put those on any of my social media because it risks copyright infringement. I started thinking maybe I could use a really old book, maybe something out of print. I could paint over pages or black out words. And then I realized I already have the perfect book for this, and I don't like it, so I won't feel bad about tearing it apart. I have been reading Duke The Life And Image of John Wayne. I find the book disappointing. I think it could have been so much better. John Wayne had an interesting life, but the book is boring. I have started skipping over parts. Then I realize that I skipped over a key detail that was only briefly introduced, so I struggle to find where that key detail first came in, but I can't find it. Annoyed, I will press on, feeling a bit lost. I am also annoyed that the says And Image, but even though I am several chapters in, I haven't seen one picture. I get that John Wayne was a film actor, and the books talks about his movies which are images, but the title had me expecting many pictures. 

So anyway, John Wayne is fairly synonymous with guns and horses. I think this is the perfect background for my ponies. I've decided to tear the pages into thin strips. I may weave the strips together. This way the text isn't recognizable.  If I have a lot of the book left over, I think I'll make cows. 

Hopefully, I will have a finished page by Sunday for my Studio Sunday post. If not, I will just show you whatever I've got in progress. 

Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe and well.