Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Witchy Updates

 Good morning, my dears. Today is the 16th day of the year; let's make it a sweet one. Here's what is going on in my part of the world, where the temperature is steadily dropping.

Yesterday, since everyone was home for MLK day, I tried to get the TV's switched around. We discovered we do not have the right base for the big TV, so we can't put it up. Will decided to get a wall mount, but we can't do that until Friday. Both of these are too big to set on the mantle. Basically, we got all the TV's down on the floor, dusted them off, figured out none would sit in the rooms where we wanted them, and then we put everything back the way it was. I felt like it was a complete waste of time. I apologized 2 or 3 times. 

I fixed my daughter's sewing machine, and put it back in her room. Then I cleaned off my treadle. And immediately put stuff on top of it. 

I bought wooden book boxes to store Tarot decks.

One book is painted.

Two of my decks are too big for the box to close. I'm storing one small oracle deck with its guide book, and one old notebook that will eventually become a spell book. The book boxes only come in one size at my local Michael's. Hobby Lobby used to have a few different kinds, and these were bigger than anything Hobby Lobby used to sell. I am bummed about the decks being too thick. I thought this would be an ideal solution. 

By the way, today's card is THE KEY. I am hoping I find the key to selling art. Or maybe this is where I start using my skeleton key? 

I decided to make small pieces of art to go in this old Rolodex. I wanted to take the alphabetical cards out, but I will need to take the entire box apart, so never mind. I'm going to fill the box with art. This doesn't have a time frame. Right now I don't even have a particular type of art in mind, though I did think of making knot spells. I love knot spells because they look so nice once complete. 

Today, the moon is in Ares. It is a bad day to plant. I have some fruit seeds but was warned not to plant when the moon is in Aquarius or seeds will rot. I was waiting for the moon to be in Pisces, but that sign zipped by before I knew it. I guess now I am waiting for the moon to be in Taurus. 

Some things I am working on, but did not take pictures of- I am about halfway done with January's Tree. It looks much better than I thought it would. This morning I started on the Celtic knots. I am more than halfway done with January's Star. I am thinking about adding a page to this blog for the monthly projects. I may also add a gallery of my Etsy shop, because once again, Etsy sucks dishwater. I can't make a sale until I get noticed, and I almost never land in the search results because I haven't made a sale since reopening. No other site seems right for me. I mainly just have Etsy because that's expected, but the algorithm is problematic, to say the least.  

That's all for now. Blessed be. Stay safe and warm, my dears. 

No comments: