Wednesday, January 10, 2024

New Moon in Capricorn

 Good morning, my dears! Today is the new moon, perfect for starting new things, AND the moon is in Capricorn, which rules structure, motivation, and achievement, AND! Today's date is 1/10 which are great numbers. What do you want to achieve? Today is the day to get cracking!

Yesterday, I was fairly productive. I got caught up on my laundry, I cleaned the kitchen, and I did the boys' laundry because now that I have made the laundry room a nice place, I really don't want them screwing it up. They load the washer so badly that it can't spin properly. Then the clothes come out dripping so it takes hours for them to dry. I have told the boys repeatedly how to sort clothes. I have demonstrated how a full load should look before starting the washer. They think it is a stupid waste of time. I think if 5 to 10 minutes of prep saves four hours of constantly running the dryer, it is well worth doing. 

We had A LOT of rain. An old well on our property caved in because of it.

The well has a concrete cover divided into 3 sections. Each section is 18 inches wide and 4 feet long. The section closest to the house fell in the well. It is 80 feet to the water. I don't know how deep the well is, or how much water is in it. I can't see water from the ground. Father-in-law called to ask if there was any storm damage. I mentioned the well since he asked. His first words were, "We need to send someone down to fish that out." I don't think that is possible. Each section has steel for lifting and almost all of them rusted through long ago. I don't know that we have enough rope to even reach the water, never mind how deep the well is, with a concrete slab at the bottom. I think we should fill the well in. I am really glad this happened on a school day instead of a weekend when both my children and grandchildren are present. 

In more pleasant news- Air Witch gave me a large skeleton key. Last night I spun a cord for it.
I am pleased with how the cord turned out. I think it will really shine once I have the cabinet doors painted. I love making cords for knot magick. I intend to use the key for rituals, but I haven't decided what the key is for. I just know I will need one in the future. 

I am feeling much better. I still, of course, have covid, but my symptoms are nearly gone, save for occasional random coughing fits. My back hurts all the time, but the pain is low enough that I can ignore it. I rest a lot. I would love to be more active. If I didn't have back pain, I would have bigger gardens, and I'd ride horses every day. I'd go hiking and I would travel everywhere. Having to rest each hour is depressing, even with books to read. Sigh.

That's all for now. Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe and well. Don't let the fascists win. 

No comments: