Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Fat Tuesday Life Updates

 Yesterday was pretty good for me because it was a low-almost zero pain day. I was very productive. I managed to stick to my routines, so the living room is very clean. I did fairly well with my diet which gave me almost normal sugars for most of the day. I even managed to sew and read. Go me.

Friday was Will's 48th birthday. I made a cake. We had steak and crab for dinner because I mistakenly grabbed crab instead of shrimp. Will really wanted shrimp, so he went to the store while I baked the cake, and Middle Son fried the shrimp while I rested before dinner. We had a surf and turf feast.

Over the weekend, I made very good progress in cleaning the porch. I have room to walk! We are almost to point of being able to sit out here again.

More potatoes have sprung up.

Yesterday, Youngest Son helped me make a new bottle tree. We ran out of long screws, so all the bottles did not fit. I am thinking about make macrame hangers for the few bottles left. I also thought about hanging bottles off the porch rails. And I thought of driving rods in the ground. The old bottle tree fell apart as soon as me moved it, so I was right; magick was the only thing holding it together.

I also cleaned my sewing projects yesterday. This area is almost completely clear. After I complete the next stage on a work-in-progress, I will be able to organize things on top of the cabinet.

This morning I have been reading my journal. This helps me remember what I wanted to do. I write down everything in my journal- spells, menus, projects, appointments, my whole life. I simply have far too much to remember. 

Hopefully, next time I post I will have art to show you. I have two shows coming up, and I have a personal project I want to do, but I am not sure yet exactly what style to use. 

Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe.

No comments: