Sunday, November 27, 2022

Sunday?

 So yeah, after a long weekend, everything has started running together.

Friday, we left for Hazel Green. Hubby left to get the oil changed. Washing machine stopped spinning so it was taking forever for clothes to dry. I ran around frantically cleaning while cussing at the dryer. We were supposed to leave around 9am, but actually got on the road around 11:30. 

I don't travel well. Riding in the car will make my back ache just like it did when I had the accident. I usually stop every hour or so to walk around. We got to my sister-in-law's house around 4:30. I hurt. My husband hurt because he over-worked himself cutting firewood the day before. We discovered there was no room for us, so we got a hotel room. This ended up being the best idea because we weren't involved with drama. 

I took one of my pain pills and was almost pain free for the rest of the trip. My sugar suffered mightily because all there was to eat was very high carbohydrate food. My routines were shot to hell and I kept forgetting meds. I barely slept. 

I did most of the driving home. We went back via 431. There's lots of farms. I decided that's what I want. I believe I will be much happier if I spend my days with plants. I resolved to pour energy into the vineyard. I was going to do that anyway, but it was a vague in-the-future plan. I didn't know I would come home ready to make wine. Starting tomorrow, I will begin pruning vines. 

I have been very energetic since getting home. I unpacked, got the hubby to fix the washer, then started laundry. I have dusted the ceiling fan, changed light bulbs, started a to do list for tomorrow, took my shop off vacation mode, forced teens to act with maturity, made art, and informed my husband of my new retirement plan. And I hooped. It hurt. I did it anyway. 

In my last post, I mentioned tower times. This is still tower times, but enough dust has settled for me to see how things will play out. I feel eager to start. I am the only one in the house who feels this way. That is something rarely talked about when tower times come up. We might all be in tower time, but we fall differently. Some plunge straight down, others bounce off walls. Some float, some drift, and still others leap. So I don't think my children feel this change as profoundly as me. 

Tomorrow I will take pictures of the vineyard, but it may be Tuesday before I post. I have a lot to do tomorrow. Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe.

No comments: