Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Good Witch Housekeeping

This is the bookcase where we store movies and games. Yesterday, I took everything off, then moved the bookcase so I could vacuum up dust. I learned a few things. First, this is usually the last part of the living room that I clean because I normally start on the other side. By the time I get here, I'm tired. Thus, I haven't been doing a very good job. Almost every shelf had something out of place and I had never noticed. I found missing puzzle pieces, a peg from a game, several cards from the matching game, and I discovered the tin wouldn't close properly because the boys are too lazy to lay items flat so they fit. I found video games with no case. The movies were all out of order. Some were turned around so the title couldn't be seen.

I was really surprised by the amount of dust and cobwebs. After moving all this, I swept the area with my Witch broom. I went over everything from ceiling to floor. I traced runes on the walls to keep things from getting back into a sad state.

I also found a solution to the mess in the boys' room. They have 1 bookcase, but it isn't enough to hold all their stuff. They tend to leave the excess on the floor where it is quickly stepped on and ruined. I really don't want to buy another bookcase. A cheap one won't last. An expensive one will be ruined by ink, paint, or knives. That left building shelves, but I was doubtful anyone wanted to take time to do the work. Our family entertainment bookcase is made of old crates. I realized crates would work great for storage. We already have a few. I can try the not so great crates. If those survive, I can buy a few more. I won't be upset if a crate is broken. I could buy crates for my daughter's room, and give her small bookcase to the boys. I feel better now that I know there's an inexpensive answer.

No comments: