Friday, October 25, 2019

Witches & Magick Day 32- When Spells Don't Go As Planned

I have been trying to make a negativity trap. This spell uses a concave mirror to trap negative energy until it can be burned away by the sun. The spell is meant for something serious like a curse or haunting. I decided I have far too much negative energy floating around between my drama queen in-laws and my stepson's behavior issues. Mental illness is heavy stuff.

My first problem was being unable to find a concave mirror. I went to four different stores with no luck. I decided to use a regular craft mirror I already had. Following the instructions, I sealed the mirror back. While it was drying, lots of things came to light. It was a draining experience. I decided I really needed the mirror. I started making the case for it.

The back fit. The side fit. The front side was too small. I measured 3 times. That mirror was the same size as the last mirror I made. It had a similar case. That fit. I put the negativity trap down until I could figure out how to fix it. I had already invested a lot of time into the project.

While I was trying to solve the problem, more stuff came out. I realized there was no fixing a too small piece. I was going to remake the front.

When I got the mirror out, fingerprints lined the center. I use mirrors a lot in my art. I am very careful about how I hold them. If I cannot avoid touching the glass, I will wear gloves. There were no prints when I put the mirror away. No one in the house knew I was making the mirror and none should have gone into my magick cabinet anyway.

I threw the mirror away. Too much negativity was attached. I didn't think cleansing with the sun would help.

I found the concave mirror by chance. I thought I would need to order one. I was walking through a big box department store when I saw large concave vanity mirrors in housewares. I went over to cosmetics. I went down every aisle. I saw everything but mirrors. Finally, I walked along the back wall, not expecting to find anything. They were almost hidden on the bottom shelf. I was so happy to find what I needed I just snatched it up without the checking the price. At that point, I was willing to overpay for the large mirror. A small one I can keep in my bag is ideal.

This time I'm going to smudge the house first. I might do an uncrossing ritual before I start the spell. And probably take a salt bath. Can't be too careful.

I don't think the first mirror failed. I think it was starting to work as soon as I had the idea. There's too much negative energy in my life. It won't all go away in one working.

No comments: