Saturday, December 8, 2018

How It's Going

Today I am going to put up Christmas decorations. My goal is to clean the fireplace then hang the stockings.

Yesterday my husband got his Christmas bonus. I went to the airport, had lunch with him, then headed to the mall. My plan was to go to a book store and a toy store. However, the mall no longer has either one. I stared at the directory for a while, then decided to walk around the entire mall. I'd stop when something caught my eye. My stepson didn't like that plan. I lost track of him several times because he either wandered off or he slowed down. Finally, we reached the furniture store. I think the boys need a bookcase and a desk. I had never been in that store and was just wandering, trying to see what they had. A wall of baskets caught my eye. My daughter started asking questions. I told her I like baskets. My stepson started muttering angrily. And suddenly I was fed up. We left. In the parking lot I made him tell me why he was muttering. He was mad that we didn't go directly to the game store. I told him I was shopping for everybody. Or I was until he decided to be rude. He cried for 10 minutes and pouted all the way home. If I go shopping again I'm going alone.

Last night the house descended into chaos because I wanted to sew. I told the boys to watch their sister while I tried finish projects. All three kids argued with each other. And I just ignored it. I'm tired of being a referee. I got 1 quilt top done.

One of Will's coworkers is married to a child psychiatrist. She has offered to help. She said at the very least she could tell us what tests are needed.

Last, but not least, I opened my Magick sewing box and found my dragon laying on his side. I think this is a sign of my Magick protecting me. Nothing else in the box was disturbed. The kids don't know it exists so I don't think they messed with anything. The cards are indicating drama, but so far nothing has happened. Well, small stuff, nothing major. My mother-in-law has recently started commenting on all my posts. Usually when she does that her and her daughters are disapproving of some perceived notion and are judging me for it. I'm still trying to stay away from them.

No comments: