Thursday, November 8, 2018

Personal Updates

3 of 5 family members have been sick. I didn't get out of bed for 2 days. Thankfully we are all getting better.

Our grandson arrived yesterday, healthy and happy.

We are dog sitting while my daughter-in-law is in the hospital. This has been stressful for all, including the dogs.

Home schooling is slowly getting better. I still hate it. But I really think it helps the boys so going to keep plodding on.

I still have no answers/solutions for the behavior problems, but they have eased up a good bit. Not going to public school every day makes a huge difference. No anxiety, no social awkwardness, no public displays of obvious failure, no bullies. We have done some medical testing and ruled out a few conditions. I hope this means we are closer to having answers.

Still studying my Runes. I enjoy it. Haven't done as many spells as I would like, but I believe this is because of a lack of time, not because I can't figure out how to apply them.

I reached an important realization with my art. I've got to have a stopping point. I've been sewing all day, working on several projects through out the day. And I get tired. Then I make mistakes. Then I redo it. Then I'm burned out. I've started quilting again. I have no plan. I do a little bit each day. I have no idea how it will turn out. I'm enjoying the process more. I think I'm being more inventive. I've stopped worrying so much about what other people may think, and instead have been making what I like. I don't really care if I follow rules. My only concern is did I make it as well as it could be made? I think if everyone did that we would have more lasting, well loved objects.



What I work with is equally important. I've been sewing with my 1927 Singer.
Which has also become my altar. Normally I sit on the floor because I usually have something to be sewn on the machine, but when table is closed this is a great place to read the cards.

And! Wonderful bonus, my in-laws left the country! For real. Middle sister went to England for a writer's convention and book signing. Her parents went with. They left yesterday and I have 5 blissful days ahead. I just cannot emphasize how much the drama level goes down when they aren't here. Sometimes I wished we lived farther away.

No comments: